Violence Prevention Network is a group of experienced specialists who have been successfully engaged in the prevention of extremism, as well as in the deradicalisation of extremist-motivated offenders, for over 20 years. Violence Prevention Network is based in Germany and was one of the first organisations in Europe that focused its initiatives from the beginning in 2001 on the topic of deradicalisation and exit work. Through its work with right-wing extremists and those endangered by Islamist extremism, Violence Prevention Network has acquired expertise in the field of working with ideologically motivated criminal offenders inside an outside prison, which is recognised throughout Germany and Europe.
In the context of our international work, Violence Prevention Network brings expertise derived from practice to various international networks and organisations, think tanks and research institutes. Violence Prevention Network has counselled a number of institutions and several European governments in the development of national or regional P/CVE strategies. Violence Prevention Network is also part of the Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN) since its inception in 2011 and part of the RAN Practitioners Management Consortium since 2019. Within RAN Practitioners we are supporting exchange of experiences and knowledge among 6000 P/CVE practitioners Europe-wide.
For our international team and with particular focus on RAN Practitioners and EU Projects, we are looking for a mid-level expert (m/f/d), focussing on implementing and carrying out events and training in P/CVE. Full-time or part-time of at least 30 hours/week, with monthly business trips within Europe. The first contract is limited until 31.12.2023 with an option to extend.
- Planning and carrying out RAN Practitioners working group meetings, workshops, trainings and other in-person and online events
- Coordinating and organising the work of RAN Practitioners Working Groups on specific thematic areas in P/CVE
- Maintaining and updating the RAN Collection of inspiring practices, coordination with practice owners from across the EU
- Planning and carrying out EU Project event management, coordination and communication
- Supporting research, mapping, interviewing and report writing for EU projects
- Managing the production of RAN Practitioners specialised papers
- Supporting the expansion and maintenance of the RAN network of practitioners and expert contributors
- Supporting the project management team in the development and implementation of other international projects on P/CVE, with focus on the EU, the Western Balkans and the MENA region.
- You have a master’s degree in a relevant thematic field (e.g. sociology, political science or social science, peace- and conflict studies, international relations, regional studies, etc.)
- You have at least 6 years of working experience in the field of P/CVE, incl. for example research/practical work on deradicalisation, rehabilitation and reintegration of (violent) extremist offenders; extremism, populism or terrorism; work in prison and probation, online-hate-speech
- Professional experience in scientific working (editing and writing of scientific texts) is an asset
- Expertise in the field of prevention of radicalisation or deradicalisation, e.g. applied research, working for the civil society sector or in the policy field
- You are used to and interested in working in a dynamic, international, demanding environment and have the flexibility to travel regularly
- You possess strong project management, event/meeting organisation and communication skills as well as a pragmatic, proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- You have a proven track record in working within a team to deliver high quality to different stakeholders and on tight deadlines
- You are comfortable in taking charge of event-planning, coordinating logistics and details, as well as trouble shooting
- You are capable of expressing yourself confidently both verbally and in writing in English for a variety of target groups, German and French are an asset
- You are a resident of any member state of the European Union. Germany, Belgium or the Netherlands are advantageous.
- Software knowledge (comprehensive knowledge in word processing, spreadsheets, Powerpoint, Teams, Zoom, Webex)
- Considerable talent for communication, reliability, authenticity, empathy, intercultural competence and the ability to manage conflicts
- A multi-professional team
- Contributing to a socially relevant thematic field
- Access to Europe-wide and international networks of P/CVE experts and practitioners
- Flexible working time arrangements
- A responsible and varied job
- An international area of work
- 30 days of annual leave (for a full-time position)
- Annual bonus, company mobile phone
- Combination of office presence and home office
Convinced? If so, we are looking forward to your informative written application, no later than December 15th 2022, including
1.) detailed curriculum vitae,
2.) police clearance certificates (may be handed in later),
3.) one analytical document of 15 pages maximum in relation to the field of preventing and countering radicalisation and
4.) your salary expectations.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the reference number W015 in the subject line.
Published on November 22nd 2022