Violence Prevention Network is one of Europe’s leading practitioner hubs working nationally and internationally with over 120 employees. In the context of our international work, Violence Prevention Network brings expertise derived from practice to various international networks and organisations, policy makers and research institutes. Our common goal is to support first-line practitioners, policy makers and researchers to bring about positive change in local efforts to prevent and counter violent extremism worldwide. By building on our first-hand insights and experiences from daily casework with radicalised offenders and at-risk individuals, we work to empower whole-of-society partnerships, bridge capacity gaps of key actors and provide practitioner input for sustainable policies and practical solutions.
For our EU-funded project icommit we are looking for a student assistant, part-time of 14 hours/week, first contract is limited until 31.05.2023 with an option to extend.
Salary in line with TVÖD Bund EG 3/place of work: Berlin
- Planning and carrying out event logistics for our international training programmes
- Supporting the preparation, implementation, and follow-up of our project events (specifically trainings targeted for city-level teams working to prevent local cases of extremism)
- Communicating with our international project partners
- Supporting the steering process for the production of publications in the context of multi-agency work in P/CVE (prevention & countering of violent extremism)
- Contributing to our design thinking efforts for our project publications & trainings
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme in international relations, social sciences, international law, human rights, or any related programme.
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Excellent organisational skills and a high degree of reliability
- A pragmatic, proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- Considerable talent for communication, reliability, empathy, intercultural competence and the ability to work independently
- Flexibility to adapt working hours to project needs (we expect a significant difference in work involvement depending on the week/month)
- Demonstrated interest in P/CVE work and related topics
- A multi-professional team
- Contributing to a socially relevant thematic field
- Access to Europe-wide and international networks of P/CVE experts and practitioners
- Flexible working time arrangements
- An international area of work
- Overtime compensation
- Combination of office presence and home office
Convinced? If so, we are looking forward to your informative written application, no later than 30 September 2022, including a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivational letter. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the reference number W014 in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage early application.
Published on 20 September 2022