Every path to radicalisation is different. But there are definitely signs that should alert you to look for advice. For example, these signs may include that your son or daughter …
- … calls you and old friends infidels.
- … is frequently visiting websites and videos of so-called “hate preachers” on the internet.
- … is giving up his or her previous lifestyles, such as hobbies, music, makeup, clothing, food.
- … is repeatedly saying that Muslims are oppressed all over the world.
- … is withdrawing from all family activities and avoiding his or her old circle of friends.
- … represents radical views and does not tolerate other opinions besides his or her religion.
If you are in doubt as to whether your child may have become radicalised, then please contact one of our counselling centres or the hotline of the Advice Centre on Radicalisation of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF): +49 (0)911 943 43 43